Inspired by Reggio
A Professional Development Day offering an introduction to the infant-toddler centres and pre-schools of Reggio Emilia and focussing on the work of Reflections Nursery, Worthing
Date: Saturday 26th May 2012, from 10.00am until 3.30pm
Venue: Reflections Nursery, Worthing and St Paul’s Centre, Worthing
Cost: £50 (full-time students £25), including refreshments and a light lunch
What does it mean to for a UK nursery to draw inspiration from the Reggio Approach? What are the differences between a pre-school in Reggio Emilia and a nursery like Reflections? What are the benefits of project-based learning in early years education? What is the role of an early years educator? How can we best support children’s creativity?
Martin Pace, Director of Reflections, along with Angela Chick, Senior Atelierista and Yvonne Barr, Nursery Manager will be supported by other Reflections educators to give presentations and workshops covering five years of children’s learning at Reflections.
We welcome registrations from all those working in the area of early childhood education and on creative arts/education projects with young children.
- A tour of Reflections Nursery with a Reflections educator
- Presentation & Discussion: A Pre-school in Reggio Emilia & Reflections Nursery – what do they have in common?
- Lunch and a tour of Reflections Nursery with Reflections educators
- Workshop 1: Long-term project work at Reflections
- Workshop 2: Supporting children’s creativity
- A further tour of the nursery with a Reflections educator
Please see registration form attached or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.